mercredi 12 mars 2014

Memebox 5-2 : review

Memebox is a relatively new Korean cosmetics company located in the U.S. which provides worldwide shipping (they stopped it during one month or so, but now it's back !). Steering away from your usual beauty box subscription system, Memebox offers numerous beauty boxes that you can order whenever you want to, without having to subscribe to anything at all; which undeniably appeals to me. As you all may already know, I'm not that much of a beauty box junkie because when it comes to surprise I'd rather it not be a bad one. However, thanks to the possibility to back away after trying out one box, I caved in and bought the 5-2 edition of Memebox. 

After a few weeks of wait (one problem with the pre-ordering system in Memebox is that you're buying your box approximately one or two months before it's scheduled to be delivered, which can be quite displeasing especially when you can't wait for it to arrive…), my Memebox finally was delivered to my doorstep. What were my first impressions? Well let's just say I was surprised, both in a good and a bad way. 






First, there were ma~ny products: the box was jam packed with deluxe or full sized products, and I was really happy about it ! 






However, I realized that the products were not quite as exciting to me as I had imagined: seeing that I had searched for the previous editions of memebox before ordering this one, my expectations were quite high. Memebox #1, #2, #3, #4 all set the bar so high that I was waiting to be blown away by the box; but it didn't quite happen: Five body products (the Aromatica roll-on, the Derma:B body lotion, the Lipozone firming ampoules, the Panier de Sens shower gel and the Physiogel foil packets), two  base makeup foil packets and one full size l'Oreal Caresse, and skincare products I wasn't too thrilled about (apart from the CNP cleansing gel)… Too many body products for me. 



Thankfully, after trying the products out my opinion changed a bit: it's true I would never have tried some of the products if not for this box, and I found myself liking quite a few of them ! Let's jump right into the review of each product:

*full sizes / deluxe samples*




Derma:B daily moisture body lotion
100ml, just your regular body lotion
# upsides: really moisturizing and I love the smell of it !
# downsides: none really, does the job as a body lotion ! 
# conclusion: I quite like it, it's nothing really special but then again it's just a body lotion~

CNP Laboratory cleansing perfecta
50ml, cleansing gel that gets rid of waterproof sunblock and BB cream
# upsides: refreshing and smells good. 
# downsides: doesn't get rid of heavy makeup (matte lipstick and waterproof mascara) 
# conclusion: I use it in the morning, or when I don't wear any makeup at all (yes, I still use makeup remover when I don't have makeup…) because I don't think any gel makeup remover would be able to top my trusty cleansing oils ! But it's still great to use, feels great on my skin and gentle. 

Nuganic customize pore control essence
30ml (full size), essence that's supposed to help reduce the appearance of dilated pores
This one I still haven't used long enough to have a definite opinion on it. For now all I can say is that I didn't break out from it, and that it feels good on my skin… Nothing concerning the pore control claim as of now, we shall see in two months or so~

Aromatica tasteless roll on
14ml (full size), aromatherapy roll on to be used on pulse points and temples to relax and calm body
# upsides: I just LOVE the smell of this, it's really relaxing. It somehow smells like chinese herbal medicine? But I guess a lot of people would hate this smell… 
# downsides: the smell of it, for some people. And also, I don't really know when to use it. I mean, I believe it's for yoga or something; but since I don't do yoga I just use it when I'm tired, or sleepy. 
# conclusion: Cool product, didn't expect something like that in a beauty box and I suppose it's a good thing that they're trying to be diverse ! 

L'Oreal shine caresse in BELLA
6ml (full size), lip tint
# upsides: the color is just perfect for spring, it's fresh and it pops ! Feels really great on my lips too, not drying at all. I like the way it fades away too, unlike some lip tints that just … start to disappear from the inside of the lips and leaving an obnoxious red contour /cringes/ 
# downsides: none really ! Maybe the fact that L'Oreal is not a korean cosmetic brand, but then again this lip tint retails for 14€ here in France, so I suppose it's quite the deal as this memebox only cost me 23$ ! 
# conclusion: Really like this lip tint, I would never have tried it if not for this box and I'm grateful for that (: 

Lipozone body secrets
5ml*5, body firming ampoules; after 28 days of use, you're supposed to get noticeable results of firmer skin and reduced cellulite 
I don't know what to say about this one… I didn't try it yet and I don't know if I ever will, it's tempting but at the same time I don't know how to feel about it. Have you guys ever tried this type of products?

* foil packets / small samples*



Paniers de Sens savon de marseille liquide nourrissant : I like the smell of it, nothing special; just a regular body wash.. 
Physiogel hypoallergénique foil packets : didn't try them out yet, I think I'll include them in my upcoming sample article~
Leaders Insolution foil packets : same
Dear Jane foil packets : same

Conclusion
I still have mixed feelings about this box. For a first beauty box it's not that bad, for I have discovered quite a few products I feel happy about but at the same time I feel like it's nothing like the old editions of memebox and I wish I would have purchased the #1 or #2 editions instead of this one…
Because of that I tried my luck again and purchased the lucky box #1 restocked and I will soon write a review on it… stay tuned !
Thank you for reading~ 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire