samedi 8 février 2014

WISHBOX 14 : overview and review

I have always loved the concept of beauty boxes. Who would say no to a box full of samples/full size products prettily wrapped up and delivered to you right in front of your door? However, what worried me and deterred me from subscribing to a beauty box program was the idea of receiving things I didn't want, or didn't like. I hear you, surprise is part of the charm of beauty boxes; but spending money on things I'd end up throwing is a definite no-no for me. I found the idea endearing, but being the cautious person I am, I was afraid and preferred to stay away from this trend. 

However, the wish box program offered by wishtrend.com appealed to me: knowing all the products included in the box, and having a beautiful little package that looked like a beauty box delivered to me (except having no surprise as for the products); that's what I wanted. Today, I am here with the WISHBOX 14 which I have recently purchased: it's no regular Wishbox as the price is significantly lower than all the other editions of Wishtrend, and consequently the number of products (and of full sizes) was also decreased; but for one who's just getting acquainted with such a concept, it's a way to discover the world of beauty boxes without spending too much money!


# WISHBOX14 - overview :
  • Price: 9.99 USD
  • It was packed in a little black string bag; to be honest I was somehow disappointed by the packaging, as previous editions of wishboxes were wrapped up in pretty bags and pouches. But still, it was decently packed; and the whole thing was sent in a regular cardboard box.
  • I'll write an article later focusing on wishtrend which is a website I enjoy shopping on! Their customer service is great, shipping is quick and they give out a generous amount of samples with every order. 

# PRODUCTS - quick review: 

As of now, I have tried the MUA star cream, the SKINMISO nose pack, the BRILLIANT sparkling powder and the HELLO EVERYBODY vita berry set. As for the samples, I will write an article focusing on samples I've used/loved later on, so stay tuned ! 



• Upsides:
  1. The roll-on tip: Made of metal, it instantly refreshes areas where you use the cream. The fact that it's a roll-on also helps with wrinkles, as it massages the skin. 
  2. 7-free: no mineral oils, no paraben, no alcohol, no artificial coloring, no benzophenone no steroids and no petrolatum.
• Downsides:
  1. The price: when you purchase it separately, it's priced at 19.99USD which is quite expensive for only 20ml of cream.
  2. Disappointing effects: I'm not at an age when anti-wrinkling ingredients matter to me; but I do have laugh lines near my nose which I want to erase. That's why I thought a roll-on that could bring a dose of wrinkle-care on targeted areas was THE thing to add to my routine, and I was quite excited to use this cream. However, it didn't really work for me, the effects I was supposed to get didn't happen even after 4 weeks of use. I know miracle creams don't exist, but I was expecting at least a little improvement on my skin… which didn't happen, unfortunately. 
• Conclusions: 
I bought the wish box 14 because of the MUA Star Cream, and while I don't regret buying the wish box 14 at all, I was still disappointed by the MUA Star Cream. I won't repurchase it


• Upsides: 
  1. No stimulus: I have used numerous nose packs that required some type of scratching or peeling that irritated my skin afterwards. For the SKINMISO nose pack, there won't be any unwanted stimuli on your skin; except for removing the blackheads that already got out of the pores thanks to the step 1. 
  2. Soothing and calming: step 2 and the application of the silky essence help soothing the skin and firming the pores after they've been opened.
  3. IT REALLY WORKS ! (all caps, because it's a miracle) To be honest most nose packs I used didn't work. This time, I have actually been able to disgustingly remove the blackheads that had gotten out of my pores… ew. I didn't take any pictures in fear of scarring your eyes (it really is disgusting) but if you really want to watch the SKINMISO pore beauty nose pack in action, take a look at the pictures here, because it's pretty much what happened to me as well… 
• Downsides:
  1. The price: again, it's not the cheapest nose pack set! Thankfully the 21.99 USD set will last you for quite a while: you get 10 sheets of each step, plus the essence. So, 10 weeks of use, more or less.
• Conclusions:
This was unexpectedly the product I liked the most in the wish box 14 ! I still had another sample of it that came in with a previous wishtrend order, and after trying it one more time, I really fell in love with it. Like, where can you actually find something that helps you get rid of your blackheads SO EASILY?! (all caps again because I'm excited) Despite the price, I'll buy it again, and again, and again


• Upsides: 
  1. Concept: It's such an innovative concept ! In those two little packets you get a SPA treatment that you can carry everywhere with you; at home, on a trip… Yeah, it really is brilliant.
  2. Pleasant feeling: Surprisingly, it does feel good to rinse your face with sparkling water. It's a feeling you should experience at least once in your life, in my opinion. 
  3. Brightening effect: As claimed, this sparkling powder does have an instant brightening effect on your skin: I used it on a dull-skin day, and it really did change my skin condition to a plumpy, glowy skin. 
• Downsides:

  1. The brightening effect doesn't last long: I guess it's an effect that comes with the excitement of splashing cold, sparkling water on your face. But it lasts for less than 1 hour, especially if you follow with your usual routine afterwards. Thankfully the calming effect stays for the whole day ! 
  2. Two packets, 5L… Such a waste : I feel that using two packets and 5 L for one deep cleansing is a little bit excessive, especially when you rinse your face for no more than 5mn. Why does it feel like I'm wasting product, and water ? Maybe it's just me … 
• Conclusions:
I have tried it, and I have loved it. It feels really refreshing to use BRILLIANT's sparkling powder, and it does give a deep cleansing. You will see the effects of the product, and even if the brightening effect doesn't last long, I guarantee you'll feel the calming and soothing effect afterwards. However, I'm still contemplating buying another set of these… As I mentioned before, I always feel a little broken hearted when I have to pour the whole bowl of sparkling water down the sink after I've used it. 



• Upsides: 
  1. The smell: IT SMELLS SO FREAKING GOOD ! (so excited) The smell is incredible. It really, really, really smells like you're washing your hair with some type of heavenly-scented berry; I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. I can't express with words how good this smells. You have to smell it to know it. I'm sad I can't magically make you guys understand how great this smells but just… you have to believe me, it's freaking incredible. It's the type of smell that makes you go HALLELUJAH~ while you're alone in the shower. Kind of, in a Moses Hogan type of way. I kid you not.  
  2. 7-free: Ingredient wise you get a  relatively clean list of products and you'll notice that the 10-berry complex comes quite high in the list !
  3. Smooth hair: I used this travel sized set when I went on a ski trip with my school; and it was a sudden hair routine break for me: I usually wash my hair with the Shiseido Tsubaki range once every two days, but during the trip I had to wash my hair everyday because of the snow… And I also didn't bring my Aussie mask care with me (I've got to make an article on these masks because I swear they're just the BOMB) so… I was expecting to get horrible hair because of that. I even took a bottle of argan oil with me just in case. But, surprisingly… It didn't make my hair go all frizzy or scrunchy, and it's all thanks to these little babies here. 
• Downsides:
  1. It's not as good as the Shiseido Tsubaki range: I know some of you guys don't like it, because it's like, silicone in a tub, but for some reason it does magic on my hair; and I really, really felt the difference when I came back home and used it again. My hair was alright during the ski, but it just doesn't compare to my silky smooth hair after using the Shiseido range.
  2. Silicone: As you can see, the 10-berry complex comes after a bunch of silicones, so people who dislike using hair products stuffed with silicones won't like it. As for me, I break out from skincare with silicones, but I don't have any problem concerning hair products with silicones so I feel okay with the ingredients of this set.
• Conclusions:
It's a nice little kit to have with you when you travel; but not an ultimate favorite of mine. If not for the smell, I don't think I'd repurchase it. (But since it smells soooo heavenly, maybe I'll buy the full size kit and then make a little berry shampoo party at home! Yehet~)

I'm really satisfied with this beauty box! It gave me the opportunity to try out new products that I never would have bought otherwise: the skinmiso pore beauty nose pack and the brilliant sparkling powder being my two favorites !
Because of this box, I felt more at ease with the idea of beauty boxes, and I gave it a try : I recently purchased the 5th-2 edition of the MEMEBOX. Stay tuned for a review on that too!

Thanks for reading~

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire